Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Inside the New Orleans Saints' offense

With the Saints' first preseason game coming up this week against the Seattle Seahawks, I must admit I'm a bit skeptical, as always, on the brand spankin new changes brought about in the Big Easy. Our old offensive coordinator, Mike McCarthy, is gone to the Niners, so we promoted our QB coach Mike Sheppard to fill the position. SUPPOSEDLY, things are a lot easier for Aaron Brooks now since the playcalling isn't as complicated. Why is it that I imagine the inside of the New Orleans Saints huddle going exactly like this:
Aaron Brooks: Ahmm Joe, you go deep, and I'll get it to you. If you're covered, I'll just turn around and hand it to Deuce. You other eight dudes just try to distract the other team long enough for me not to throw it backwards.
Joe Horn: This ain't the play where I run around downfield and act like I'm lost is it?
Deuce: Fuck Kilmer. I'm just his black workhorse.
AB: Ready, break!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home