Monday, February 20, 2006

How I Met Your Mother, and mixes

I just watched the New Year's Eve rerun of How I Met Your Mother, where Doogie Howser had his "psyche-up mix" CD, which begins with Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name." And that got me thinking about my mixes, seeing as I made a hair band mix recently. And how when I watched High Fidelity, I thought John Cusack thought about the whole idea of a mix wayyyyy too damn much. But then I realized that some of my mixes really start to suck wind around track 12, while others I made really for tracks 1 and 2 and then stuck a bunch of other junk on there so as not to waste an entire CD, but I needed songs 1 and 2 in my car so I added the 16 crap songs anyway instead of really thinking about it. But so many of them make me happy only for about two weeks or so. And why is that? I'm thinking that when making an alternative mix, it's really hard to start it out well because let's be honest here, how are you ever going to top "Smells Like Teen Spirit" being the #1 track on your Nevermind CD? Might as well just pop that one in instead. I'm guessing Jamie will have his Pearl Jam thoughts, but I really don't think anyone tops Nevermind with that one. I need to become a better connoisseur of the mixage.

By the way, Janani, I thought about doing your "4 jobs I've had, etc." tag from a month ago that I've generally been too lazy or intentionally forgotten to do, but then I clicked on Mike Toole's website since you tagged him in the hopes he was reading. Well I'll be damned, did you notice that your boy actually did it? He has indeed fulfilled your wishes! Oh, he didn't attribute it to you. But still, MAYBE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home