Monday, February 13, 2006

Trying to be more regular about this

Been a little busy lately, and now confined in NYC for a couple conference which just so HAPPENED to coincide with the greatest snowstorm in NYC history. How does this happen? #4 or so on the list was when I was out here in Feb 2003. And of course, I was out here on a work trip on 9/11. How nothing happened during the three month stretch I was out here in 2004 (well, Connecticut, really) is beyond me. But I'm thinking I shouldn't be coming back out to NYC much, unless I were ever offered tickets to a Yankees-Sox game.

Meanwhile, walking on the sidewalks here can be a terrible decision. It's not all THAT cold out right now, probably high 20s/low 30s, but no preciptation and actually not all that windy. So I figured I'd walk the 15 streets up from my hotel to my dinner meeting. Well, problem in NYC at night is it's tough to tell the difference between wet pavement at an intersection and a puddle that happens to be icy and glistening and looking like pavement. So once your foot is seven inches underwater, you are miffed and trudging down the street in search of the nearest place to pay $14 for a new pair of socks.

Which, naturally, you got all wet on the way back, as well. Ugh.

Anyway, NYC is fun and all, but I'd really like to go ahead and get back out to L.A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home