Saturday, August 27, 2005

My roommate tabs LSU #1

Now, why can't he get a vote in the new BCS poll? Seems everyone has one. He actually put his money where his mouth is, though, and had his bro lay money on the Tigers to win it all when he went to Vegas a few weeks ago.

Lately, the discussion has been that the QB race is really tight between the top 3 (Russell, Flynn, Perrilloux). Hopefully a clear starter emerges because, as I think most people would agree, QB uncertainty never helps anyone.

Though I'm not sure what to think of Les Miles just yet, I'm supremely confident in Bo Pelini's ability to run a defense, and I cherish a good defense above all else. Hopefully the talent level alone on offense will help us overcome any early season jitters, and the otherworldly supporting cast of backs, receivers, and the line should allow whomever emerges as our starting QB to have a little bit of time to go through growing pains. (I'd love to think Russell could just pick back up where he left off during the Outback Bowl, but that doesn't look to be entirely the case.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home