Friday, August 26, 2005

Sox getting rid of "Yankees Suck" tee shirts

I must say, I've never been a fan of those shirts. Not because it's offensive, because I hate the Yankees. But because it's just plain wrong. One of the most successful franchises in the history of sports certainly doesn't suck - I mean, they've got three times as many World Series titles (26) as the next closest team (9, STL).

Now, I suppose I could concede that the entire concept of the Yankees does indeed suck, much as the team does not. A fan base consisting of New Yorkers, who are mostly assholes in my opinion. An owner with no sense of altruism, who could single handedly even out the competitive dynamics of the game by enabling baseball to negotiate a national television contract. (Don't think it's possible? Think New York's too big a market for that to be economically feasible for a NY team owner to give up? Go learn about Wellington Mara and get back to me.) And on and on and on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home