Saturday, July 08, 2006

Jose Canseco is back, y'all

Faithful readers of my blog, all four of you (well, four up until I decided to take the offseason off), likely are aware of my former fandom of one roid-raging wife-beating home-run-hitting ballplayer by the name of Jose Canseco. Well, apparently he is back in the minors, and not only THAT, he's doing it as a member of the Long Beach Armada of the Golden Baseball League. That, as you may know, is 30 miles from where I am currently situated. That, as you can guess, means I'll be there sometime this summer reveling in the goldness of the Golden Baseball League, they who brought us back Rickey Henderson and - I think but can't confirm through Google - Oil Can Boyd, among others. Hell, Darrell Evans is even the manager of Long Beach. Good times all around.

I saw Nacho Libre last night, and a quote from Nacho about his favorite wrestler Ramses pretty much sums up Canseco for me:
"I USED TO REALLY LIIIIKE RAMSES! I WANTED TO BECOME HIM! But it turns out, he'sss a reeeeallll DOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home