Thursday, March 09, 2006

On Starbucks v its better competitor Peet's

From the Sports Guy's mailbag:
SG: Not since the Dunkin Donuts coffee cake muffin has the country been in this much danger. I gained two pounds just from reading that e-mail. But you know what? I'll never know what the Starbucks breakfast sandwich tastes like, because they opened a Peet's Coffee near my house a few months ago … better coffee, friendlier people behind the counter, food freebies from time to time, the chance to say "large," medium" and small" again, and no crappy music being shoved down my throat? It's a dream come true. I even own my own Peet's debit card. Wait, should I be sharing all of this? Probably not.
EXACTLY. I order a medium coffee every day at 6am (none of this "tall/grande/venti" bullshit), and get to listen to classical music instead of Sheryl Crow's wailing. The ONLY coffee I find drinkable at Starbucks without cringing is Verona, with Sumatra a distant second. And yeah, I've got the Peet's debit card too. 5% off for each $20 you put on it. I don't even know the names of most Peet's coffee blends, I just had to learn the names of Starbucks' good ones so I wouldn't get coffee on the days they weren't brewing those. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home