Sunday, August 21, 2005

Saints - Patriots game from Thursday

I still can't believe it myself, but the Saints actually looked pretty good against the defending champs last Thursday. Disregarding the 2nd half since it was mostly second teamers playing, the Saints offense looked REALLY good against the league's best defensive mastermind after an initial seven minutes typical of the Haslett regime (undisciplined play accentuated by five penalties). I'm not sure whether I should take hope away from this, but the offense didn't seem to have much trouble at all moving the ball against the Patriots' first teamers and seemed to be in a pretty good rhythm all night. That our passing game was effective on a night in which Joe Horn had the dropsies (one of which led to a Rodney Harrison INT) is even more encouraging.

Let's wait and see if they revert to their old ways this week. In the meantime, I'm quite pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home