Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Best sushi ever

Found a spot a mile down the road from me, doesn't even have a sign on the building and looks like a dump from the outside. Bright neon "SUSHI" sign on a tinted window to give some notice to the outside world that it exists. Inside, also somewhat of a dump, ambiance-wise. But best sushi I've had. (And yes, I've been to all the trendy spots, Kitana, Matsuhisa, the usual stuff in Seattle, etc.) Apparently really highly rated by Zagat. And only a mile away. No need to worry about valet parking and all the associated issues with going all the way out to Sunset or something similar, just parked on the street. Go inside, they don't even give you a menu, they just assume you want "the special," an assortment of kickass sushi. You can ask for the menu, to see what you're getting, of course, but I won't have need for that in the future. Good times.

3 Comments:

At 7/20/2005 03:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a Sushi guy, but isn't declaring "Best raw fish ever" kind of like getting first place in the special olympics, one way or the other, you're still retarded.

 
At 7/21/2005 06:32:00 AM, Blogger Publius said...

Blasphemy! I swear, Jamie is otherwise quite an upstanding fellow.

Shelby, you KNEW about this place and didn't tell me? I'm dismayed.

 
At 7/21/2005 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Publius said...

No kidding on the albacore...I strongly considered cancelling the rest of the special and ordering 10 of those, but didn't since it was only the first thing they brought out.

Sasabune produced a first: my liking a sushi place that has no spicy tuna. Never thought I'd see the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home