Monday, July 18, 2005

Real Madrid game

Got to watch Real Madrid tonight, in town to play the L.A. Galaxy at the Home Depot Center in Carson. Well, we got to watch some of it. Traffic was such a nightmare, I got us to the stadium drive 50 minutes before kickoff. And we inched along. And inched along. And had to do a full block around the stadium because there were no parking lots open. We finally parked at Ralph's all the way on the other side, 20 minutes after kickoff. Got the tix at will call, managed to sell a pair b/c I bought 4 in case we could find others who wanted to go. Probably could have sold them for 2x face but I just took face value since we were right outside the entrance and I'm a pansy and well aware of section 346 of the California Penal Code.

A few observations:
1. Soccer is a lot of fun in person, like the Man United game I went to with Miller a couple years ago. Lots more entertaining than on TV. And I'm not one who gets easily bored with sports. Hell I played soccer for about eight years and even refereed 8 and 10 year olds (Official FIFA referee, bitches) for a couple years.

2. Going to the bathroom at halftime isn't nearly as much of a pain at soccer games as one would expect (since there are no stoppages during play), though it may have had to do with the stadium's not having a huge capacity in the first place.

3. Ticketmaster screwed me at first - or so I thought. My information on file was for an old credit card, so when I got online right at the open of ticket sales to buy tix, and got some in the lower level, it wouldn't allow me to change my info right there. I had to go back to the home screen, enter in the new info, and by then my tickets had been released back to the public. So I got docked from Section 123 or so to Section 229, Row PP. But actually, I got bumped from behind the goal seats, very low, to around-penalty-box seats, relatively high up but not so much so because the stadium is pretty small (probably seats about 20,000 max). Turns out the view was quite good from up there. Not great, mind you, but pretty good considering how fumed I was about having gotten bumped. We actually may have been better off, even.

4. Italian soccer fan girls are really, REALLY hot. Pretty much on par with SEC girls. And as Petey Pablo would say, you know how they do.

5. Luis Figo kicked the ball through some Galaxy defender's legs on a break. It was fundy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home