Monday, July 18, 2005

Good weekend all around

Friday night, took up the Good Guys on their 5 years no interest offer and spent a lot of $$$ on a surround sound system. I figure, I get to pay this thing off till I'm 30 without an ounce of interest, so giddyup Denon and Klipsch. Now I'm guaranteed to not be leaving my apartment on Saturdays and Sundays in the fall.

Saturday: brunch at the BC Cafe in Claremont. (Note to fellow CMCers - I can't believe we didn't go to the BC Cafe more often during our years there. The pancakes, holy shit. I'm in serious "click-click-bloody-click Pancakes!" mode. I kid you not, I dreamed about them the night before we went.) Then Wedding Crashers at the AMC 30 in Ontario Mills. Then Alberto's super nachos on the way home. In sum: BC's pancakes and Alberto's super nachos - two of the best foods I've ever had, in the same day? God save my metabolism, I'm gonna do this every other week for as long as I can. The 100-mile round trip is definitely worth it.

Finally saw pics of Arie's brand new H3. Good times in Seattle. Try not to run over any hippies, little brother! If you do, pray God gives you the wisdom to know where to bury 'em.

Anyway, Sunday Sunil and I went to this great brunch spot in Beverly Hills called Toast, point being: they make great omelettes and I continue to not see any movie stars. Although we did walk by the hospital where Brad Pitt is (was?) holed up with meningitis. Oh the humanity! Then saw War of the Worlds, confirming that no matter how much I hate Tom Cruise now, I'll still pay money to see shit blow up (most of you would too).

Also, the LSU Tigers led by yours truly defeated the Michigan Wolverines, Louisville Cardinals, and Florida Gators all led by my roommate, Chirag. Although he did win the inaugural battle last Thursday night.

NCAA '06 fans - notice that Kyle Field (Texas A&M) is the 2nd toughest place in the country to play, according to the game? Ahem, I'll take a night game at Death Valley over Kyle Field any day of the week. Sportscasters tend to agree (scroll down for Adrian Karsten's comments).

Tonight, Real Madrid. Next four weeks: portfolio earnings reports. Must get playtime in now, folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home