Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Various CFB Top 10s

Ok, here's Heisman Pundit's. I won't argue much with Auburn ahead of us, as I wouldn't want to play them again. But I find it absolutely comical that LSU is the "King of Winning Ugly." Once again, I have my doubts as to whether HP even tuned in to the second half of the LSU game. (Psst HP, there were no turnovers in the game.) So that brings me to wonder...is UCLA even on his list of winning ugly? I mean, a 4 point win vs Washington, a 3 point win vs Wazzu, a miraculous three-touchdowns-in-ten-minutes comeback versus Stanford, and an overcoming-500-yards-of-total-offense 10-point win over Arizona State comprise nearly half their wins. Oh, and this is in addition to losing by FIVE TOUCHDOWNS (and a field goal) eleven days ago. OK. So all together now: winning is pretty as long as you roll up 600 yards of offense doing it. There is no other reasonable explanation for this.

Meanwhile, CFR has LSU on the cusp of being in his Top 13 for consideration. One can only wonder where Urban Meyer's Gators fall on the list, what with Louisville (of 45-14 drubbing loss to South Florida fame) on there.

2 Comments:

At 11/17/2005 06:47:00 AM, Blogger Publius said...

Hey HP, I'm not denying that we have won ugly in some games, I just think that 1) we made the correct adjustments at halftime and played the second half well; and 2) you need to share it a little bit. Do you or don't you think UCLA is winning ugly? And LSU's performance against ASU was over two months ago; you yourself have been quick to point out various teams' progressions through the year. The LSU defense is one example of that. Or do you not agree?

I think LSU's 2nd half response to their awful first half was far from ugly, and I think they deserve some credit for that.

LSU's offense has been ugly, and UCLA's defense as well. That's my point.

Mario - can't wait for VT to get down to BR...that should be a huge one. And much better than hosting the North Texases of the world!

 
At 11/17/2005 07:14:00 AM, Blogger Publius said...

HP, I'm also interested in hearing your rationale for having said UCLA team (again, using your argument about a team's progression through the season here) ranked ahead of LSU, though I'm happy that you at least hold them in a high enough regard (or "a not-bad-enough" regard) to deem them 10th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home