Saturday, September 03, 2005

One thing that's somewhat telling to a Saints fan, and other stuff

1) The Saints drafted Oklahoma tackle Jammal Brown in the first round over studs like Texas LB Derrick Johnson (who admittedly had questions swirling around his ability to take on blockers), when we have had a need at LB for a long time in N.O. Well, today Adrian Peterson accomplished absolutely nothing (less than 3 ypc on 22 carries), and OU's offensive line just had a hellish day dealing with TCU. A solid front makes a difference, indeed. Looking forward to seeing Jammal plow through guys all year long for us.

2) I hate that two-layer punt protect formation A&M just used. Almost had it blocked. Have you guys ever seen this? I've seen LSU use worse - I think it was 5 guys up front, gunner on the outside, 4 guys on level 2, and the punter. It was blocked. In fact, I think they did it in the Sugar Bowl vs OU, though my memory isn't perfect on that. [Edit: Oh, and I think A&M's was a 7 man front with big gaps, 3 in the second level, and then the punter.]

3) They're cutting into this great Clemson-A&M game for William Rehnquist obit. With all due respect ABC, I don't care about your desire to beat CNN to the punch. Get back to football, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home