Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Great Don Banks (SI) article about the NFL screwing the Saints

"Thanks for Nothing" is the lead.

Good stuff, and unfortunate. At the end of the day, no matter what it claims to be the motive, the NFL is about money. And that's why the Saints are having their "home" opener versus the Giants in New York, rather than San Antonio, Baton Rouge, or Birmingham.

I've got to seriously figure out whether I'm going to become a Panthers or a Cowboys fan when the NFL figures out the PR pitch that'll allow them to move the Saints out of New Orleans. I'm leaning Carolina. My furious hatred of the Cowboys for most of the past fifteen years makes it tough to just switch; though Dallas is still the closest team to my hometown in Louisiana (and hell, I'm still a Texas Rangers fan).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home