Sunday, August 07, 2005

Downtown L.A. is confusing

I'm staying at the Wilshire Grand this week with my mom, who's in town for a conference. According to 24 hour fitness and Google maps, there is a gym right nearby that I could just walk over to. However, Google maps tells me the Bank of America building is a block up the street (this is important because that's the block of the building 24 hour fitness is supposedly in - there's no signage outside apparently). In any event, I am staring up at all sorts of skyscrapers, there's Paul Hastings, there's Citigroup, there's Wells Fargo, Ernst & Young, KPMG, Deloitte, and...oh, about a mile way the hell out of any distance I want to walk in downtown L.A., is a big building with "Bank of America" on it. Could there be two BofA buildings in the same downtown, but the one recognized as such on the map actually doesn't SAY B of A? I'm confused as hell. Downtown L.A. sucks.

1 Comments:

At 8/11/2005 11:28:00 AM, Blogger Ralph said...

It's worse than you think. They change the names of the buildings frequently as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home