Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Searching for that stupid Manu lookalike picture

Wound up with a virus scan alert, some website tried to screw me. Now, my stupid virus scan program tells me that it tried to clean the file and "Move failed (clean failed" and there's NOTHING else I can do. It won't tell me how to fix it. Nothing on what I should do next. Nothing on restarting, how to find the file. Nothing. Am I to just sit here and assume my three-month-old laptop is screwed? I have no idea. It's still working fine as I type this. So we'll see.

I never cease to be amazed at how idiotic computer geeks are. Tell us how to fix the goddamn problem, please.

1 Comments:

At 6/30/2005 08:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.oit.duke.edu/virus/

See if you can get a SuperDAT file to update your current anti-virus package. I believe the one we put on your computer was from Duke, yes? While your software is probably self-updating, it never hurts to check. I have the same problem on my computer...stupid Adware stuff gets on there, move failed, clean failed, delete failed, so i have no idea what to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home