Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I love the mess the Niners are in

Having to apologize to "Chinatown." Good times, good times.

That said, Mike Nolan is a stud coach. I'm pissed that the Aints are meandering along with Haslett when guys like Nolan were out there ready to get hired.

God damn, we suck.

If you think my running over into Saints diatribes on mostly unrelated blog posts is abnormal, just wait till football season. Have you looked at the Saints schedule? Absurd. Most of you know how the NFL schedule is set - 6 games vs division opponents, 4 games vs one entire NFC division, 4 games against one entire AFC division. This leaves two conference divisions which aren't on the schedule yet, so they add games against the team in each of those divisions which finished in the same spot in the standings as your team the prior year.

SO, from the NFC Central, we get the Bears and Lions at home and the Vikes and Packers on the road. Exactly the opposite of what I'd want. From the AFC East, we get the Pats and Jets on the road, and the Dolphins and Bills at home, exactly the opposite of what I'd want. For the other conference games, we get the Giants at home and the Rams on the road, exactly the opposite of what I'd want. We open the season on the road at Carolina, the best-playing team in the NFC at the end of last year (despite the inexplicable loss to my Aints to finish the season), and we end the season on the road at Tampa Bay, never an easy game despite the Saints' success there over the past couple years.

Seriously, LSU had better live up to the hype this year. I'm still in the 5-year grace period of no complaints after a national title, but living in L.A. now I'm kinda getting sick of USC even though I haven't heard a word about them since I've been here. Just seen a few sweatshirts. It's just the aura and shit. Sets it off, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home