Tuesday, June 21, 2005

AFI's top 100 movie quotes (link is a PDF)

Link is to the 400 nominees, in no particular order, since they aren't posting the final top 100 till later tonight it seems.

Will Smith makes it on the nominees list, at #229, with this stupid Men In Black quote:
You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.
Ok, I remember that line and all, but how everlasting was that? And meanwhile we get nothing from Napoleon Dynamite or Dumb & Dumber or Lebowski? Even a quote from Friday made it ("Damn!", #133).

Couldn't they have picked a better quote from My Cousin Vinny (#241)? How about the "Utes"?

What about Rain Man (#290)? I think "Kmart sucks" is the line to take from that one.

Thank God the "Money" and "Vegas, baby" quotes from Swingers made it (#342-3).

Only one line from Top Gun (#364), and it's the "need for speed" one.

I was beginning to think Wayne's World wasn't going to make it. Thankfully, I was wrong (#379,380).

The Marx brothers have some funny lines scattered throughout here though.

1 Comments:

At 6/23/2005 09:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another big miss (from a quick skimming of it) is a legendary Sean Connery line from The Untouchables: "Just like a wop, bringin' a knife to a gunfight!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home