Monday, March 21, 2005

Mailbox thievery bullshit

Word of advice: figure out what time of month your credit card bills come in, and make sure you check your mailbox every damn day around that time of the month. Between the 10th and 12th of this month, I was in Chicago and Arie had some friends in town so he wasn't checking our mailbox. It's down on the street along with about six other boxes for homes on our street. Well some assfuck stole my mail, which I think had 4 credit card bills (one which I use on a regular basis, the others are things like Best Buy, Good Guys, Circuit City), and a package delivered from the post office on Saturday which did not require a signature. Luckily the package only had thirty bucks worth of goods - a headset and car charger for my cellphone - but if it'd been something like, say, an ACTUAL cellphone, I'd be pretty fucking livid. As it is, I'm just plain normal livid.

So now I'm pretty souped up worried about identity theft. Changed a couple of those cards, and confirmed with my main card company that I'm not liable for unauthorized charges, so I *think* I'm good to go. Knock heaviliy on wood.

But this is a fucking nuisance. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a nightmare.

Lesson learned: those Citibank commercials and ads that tell you to be worried about identity theft are NOT FUCKING KIDDING.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home