Thursday, March 31, 2005

Going in different directions

While I've always been a South Park fan, Trey Parker and Matt Stone never cease to amaze me. I laugh my ass off at every episode. Last night they pulled in the PSP mania and all this Shiavo coverage into the same episode and it was a riot.

Meanwhile, though I'm two episodes behind, Alias has been complete garbage this year. It's unbelievable how off-track and misguided the show is now. They've even got some random girl moaning during the opening credits which shows Jennifer Garner in all her various outfits, clearly dropping any semblance of plot and stamping it with the "Sex sells" bullshit that permeates current television. Don't get me wrong, she makes the show, but I don't know when the creators decided to take a right turn with the whole Rambaldi stuff and just drop it for a bunch of episodes with no continuity whatsoever. It got back in the mix with the episode 4 or 5 weeks ago, and then last night we watched the one from 3/16 in which Sydney's running from a remote-controlled helicopter that can apparently destroy the entire fucking planet. There's some fishy stuff with Jack and Sloane, but who cares? This is taking so long to play out that I'm not even fired up about watching shows on time anymore. What a HUGE disappointment. J.J. Abrams has clearly been distracted by that damn show "Lost," which I hear is great, but haven't bothered watching yet, simply because I know to expect it to go down the tubes as soon as I get interested and ole J.J. finds some other project to take up his time.

Ugh. This sort of thing is what pisses me off now.

1 Comments:

At 3/31/2005 03:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fully agree. Watching Alias is more of a chore now than anything else. It's too bad that ABC's audience is so dumb that they couldn't digest a 15th century monk who had vision and therefore invented things like cellphones and brain-wave detectors. Hell, I don't even understand half of it, but at least Alias used to be good. What the hell was with the 3/16 episode and this guy named Sam? It's like Syd formed a bond with him after TWO DAYS, and we're supposed to be sad that he's leaving us?? At least make her hook up with him (sex sells, right?) to shake up Syd and Vaughn's relationship! And to be just a tad more blasphemous, I don't even think Sydney Bristow looks as good as she used to! What happened? Why did everyone tune into the not-really-a-reality-show-but-pretending-to-be-one called Lost??? I demand quality Alias, NOW!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home