Wednesday, March 09, 2005

BMI issues

Finally the BMI is getting roundly panned. I've been complaining for awhile that the BMI is useless on its own as the most physically fit NFL athletes would be considered obese. I'm 6'1 and 205, about 11-12% body fat, 34 waist, and apparently I'm very overweight according to the BMI. Gimme a break.

Meanwhile, the article goes on to state that:
Experts are studying how appropriate the standard cutoffs are for non-Caucasians; research suggests that members of many Asian populations may need to keep their weight lower to fend off health risks.


Wait, even though I guess you have to be from East of India to be considered Asian these days, I am technically Asian. Seeing as India's part of the damn continent. SON OF A....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home