Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I wonder...

...if the chemical composition of my head changes during football season. Honestly, I have almost nothing else to talk about. Wedding Crashers and 40 year old Virgin are behind us, no new decent flicks on the horizon, I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for the new Scrubs season to start (though I suppose I could keep quoting the Family Guy episodes as they come), and meanwhile I'm spending my free time (by free time I mean "ex football on weekends free time") reading up on new stocks for work. No recent music to discuss, I'm too uncultured to read a book during football season, I've stopped paying attention to politics though I gather I'm supposed to be pissed off about this new judge that W chose who's never been a judge before (honestly, I could give a rat's ass, give the Democrats a bone just so they STFU...not that they ever will). I'm even behind on Showbiz India. *GASP*

Roommate, get thee Yankee game finished, biatch, so I can have my TV back. I also have Sunday's episode of American Dad to watch (incidentally, that show has REALLY grown on me since the awful inaugural episode after the Super Bowl). Lots of Jeopardy and PTI.

Incidentally, roommate (Chirag) has noted my penchant for bitching that the Saints ALWAYS seem to give opposing teams their first win of the season. As he works for Fox Sports and is assigned to the Saints game this week (they're playing the 0-4 Packers), he mentioned that to his boss, who told him it'd be a great idea to research. So he did, and voila - since 1995, the Aints have lost TWELVE games to winless teams (who have at least two losses going in). Seriously folks, we are the epitomy of downtrodden franchises. So much so that we don't even get remembered on lists of worst franchises (ESPN2 did a thing on this sometime back and omitted us).

What else. Oh - lean cuisine pizzas are 5 for $10 at Ralph's today. I bought four. Never have tried one, but gonna give it a go tonight. I will let y'all know if I've found another food group to add to the repertoire. Current dinner food groups rotation: Turkey Burgers, Grilled Chicken with A1 sauce, scrambled eggs, PB&J, roommate's cheese sticks from Papa John's (which are fantastic, seriously - try them), and ahmm.....eating out. I got nothin. I'm even out of Yoplait. And I can only handle one protein shake a day, and oatmeal for breakfast.

Speaking of PB&J, my pops always used to refer to them as "P&BJ." I'd get a good laugh every time he said it, so much so that after awhile I started saying it without noticing.

I have lots of tuna cans from Costco. How do I employ them tuna tastily? Pickles or some shit? Every time I get fired up about learning how to cook, even the goddamn intro recipes are full of ingredients I either don't own or don't have the wherewithal to find within a reasonable span of time at Whole Foods.

Speaking of Whole Foods, got some chicken sausages there the other day which rock the casbah.

See? I do have stuff other than football to discuss.

2 Comments:

At 10/05/2005 01:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lean Cuisine pizzas are beautiful. Whatever you do, do NOT microwave them. That will completely ruin the experience. This is the French Bread Pizza, right?

On the P&BJ thing: mom and dad called it that because they were adamant that it was, in fact, a PNBJ (PeaNut Butter Jelly) sandwich, which is a viable argument. However, as most people these days seem to use articles and conjunctions, Peanut Butter and Jelly (PB&J) just makes more sense.

That's another thing, all this reading about India has me wanting to talk like an Indian journalist: "Indian manufacturing sector grew 11.9 per cent in quarter ended 30th September. Steel sector was particularly robust, with 14.1 per cent growth. Indian government pledges more investment in the infrastructure." Notice, ONE article used in that stream, and it's not even used correctly! GRRRRR!

 
At 10/05/2005 03:31:00 PM, Blogger Publius said...

Actually no, now they have regular round pizza rather than the sub-shaped ones. Had one for lunch, it was great. Three-meat pizza.

On tuna: I've gotta get some dijonnaise. That was one thing that always made airline sandwiches bearable back in the days they actually served the stuff. I'll report back with results.

Cooped up at home today, I must have the avian flu or something so I don't want to get G and Dave sick. Anyway, if I suddenly stop posting forever, you'll all know what happened. Though I suppose Arie could give you the heads up. All four regular readers! And perhaps some randoms who joined after all the hits I got from the Prothro picture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home