Thursday, August 11, 2005

Rebuttals to "Super Size Me"

Article discusses people who actually ate at McDonalds nonstop and lost boatloads of weight.

I was stunned at the commercial success of Super Size Me, though I shouldn't have been - people are ALWAYS looking for someone else to blame for their own problems. Hell I do it myself, we all do. But the blame game has gotten to be the warm blanket for weak-willed individuals everywhere (and commercially successful too in spurring an entire industry to exploit those weak-willed types, namely class action lawyers). When an overweight individual can't realize that the double cheeseburger is going to be B-A-D for the waistline, for his heart, and for the comfort of his shoulder since he's going to be taking insulin shots for his diabetes in no time at all, that's his own damn problem, not Mickey D's. There's literature everywhere warning him about that. There is no way on God's green earth anyone with even an ounce of common sense should believe that most of the things at McDonald's are actually good for you. I'll be a bad Hindu and have a burger every once in awhile, but by no means do I make it a habit, because unlike the fools who seem to have been surprised by the results in Super Size Me, I actually have common sense. And I don't want the ability to have a good burger taken away from me once in awhile because a nation of fatsos can't figure out that it should be pointing the finger at itself.

2 Comments:

At 8/15/2005 09:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double Cheese bad for your heart? Try bad for the side of your face....

 
At 8/15/2005 09:43:00 AM, Blogger Publius said...

Might lead you to do something crazy like, oh I dunno, paint your toenails red?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home