Monday, June 06, 2005

Cooking Halibut

Anyone got any bright ideas? I got adventurous at Costco this weekend and decided to buy some Halibut. I then went to Ralph's to get my spices (because who in the sam hell needs the mega jumbo 48 oz bottle of fucking paprika?), so I got to the spice aisle and called mommy. I proceeded to purchase thyme, basil leaves, oregano, red pepper for pizzas, and something else. I also bought some Zatarain's Gumbo File because it was right there next to all of that, and what kind of self-respecting Louisianan doesn't have a bottle of Gumbo File in his cabinet?

Booyakasha.

So I tried Food Network.com to find recipes for halibut, and clicked on "EASY." Well, easy might mean "15 minutes" but it also means 12 ingredients that I don't fucking have. Shit like "shallots" and "capers." Now, I love capers as much as anyone, but I don't have the damn things. Can't I make something with that shit I bought? I also have sour cream, some different types of cheese (ok, not that different - there's shredded cheddar, couple slices of swiss, and some fat free american), and PAM? Oh and I have some salsa, dole pineapple fruit cups, more salsa, and LOTS of fucking kidney and garbanzo beans. And tuna.

Also, can I pour diet coke on that shit instead of white wine? If not, can I pour any of these on it instead: Crown Royal, Malibu, Captain Morgan's Spiced, Absolut Mandarin, or SoCo? How about some kind of UV Red Cherry Vodka? Not sure which of Chirag's friends brought that one over, but fuck him if it doesn't go with halibut.

Ok, someone help me. Thanks.

1 Comments:

At 6/08/2005 08:35:00 PM, Blogger Publius said...

I DID IT!

Who's money, baby? I AM.

I went and bought all these vegetables, and they were CHEAP! Cilantro, parsley, lemons, limes, minced garlic. Used nothing but a half lemon and some minced garlic. Other stuff is going to waste, I'm betting. Took way too long for me to figure it out. I'd like to think I'm not cut out for this biznass, but I'd rather just get good at it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home