Sunday, May 08, 2005

Back from Vegas

I'm so glad my time off is nearing an end, because I don't think my liver can handle it anymore. Or my wallet. From a peak of being up $420 early Saturday, I was down to negative $235 within four hours, several crappy blackjack dealers, and a 3rd-place finish by the horse I laid $50 on to win the Derby.

I still have yet to ever have a bad time at the Carnaval Court at Harrah's. It's pretty much a once-a-day stop every time I'm down there. And now that I've discovered that their chips and salsa comes with extremely tasty guacamole, those once-a-day stops might get extended a bit longer.

Other observations: Studio 54 plays shitty music. But they have cool trapeze acts. The cage girls at Rum Jungle have gotten hotter. In a month! New outfits and such. Muy bueno. The bouncer, however, did not get the $40 he was expecting from me after he let me and Matt's wife in an hour early, since he turned away my four amigos at the door immediately afterwards. Ass. They got in anyway, since we did bottle service. But still: Ass.

Seriously, the drive back took six hours. Ridiculous. Didn't take that long last time I did it, back in June 2003. Part of it was complicated by a 45 minute lunch of which 25 minutes were consumed at Taco Bell in Baker, CA, waiting for our orders. I was order 269, at 12:59pm (timestamp on the receipt). They were at order 257 at that point. By 1:19pm (timestamp on the cancellation receipt), they were on order 263, so Chirag and I got so fed up that we walked up and demanded our money back. Honestly, in twenty minutes they completed six orders. That's just unacceptable. I asked what the hell their problem was, the broken English answer was that they had a lot of customers. The Del Taco down the street was just as packed and we got our food within 2 minutes. Shit. I wanted a mexican pizza too, but had to settle for the same meal I'd eaten three times over the previous 48 hours: a Del Classic Chicken Burrito and 2 Chicken soft tacos, con Del Scorcho sauce. I think I could have treated my intestines and liver better this weekend. Ahh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home